Coreform LLC is fastest-growing CAE company in 2021 Inc. 5000
Sign up for our free Coreform Cubit tutorial webinar series
Our new webinar series will cover meshing basics, tips and tricks, insights from experts, and more.
Published: 23 November 2020
Announcing our new webinar series, designed to guide you through everything you need to know to get the most out of Coreform Cubit.
Tutorial webinar series info
The first session will be held December 10th 2020, and you can sign up here. This webinar will cover Coreform Cubit basics - using tools, preparing a hex mesh, and common problems to avoid. It will run about an hour and will cover everything you need to know to get started with Coreform Cubit. The full outline is listed below.
This webinar will be conducted by our own Randy Morris, part of the csimsoft team that developed Cubit in partnership with Sandia National Laboratories. He’s not only a Coreform Cubit expert, but also a delightful instructor. You won’t want to miss seeing him in action.
The live webinar will be the perfect place to ask questions and get insights directly from Mr. Morris. But if you can’t make it at 10am for the live webinar, rest assured it will be available for viewing later. Make sure to sign up for the link.
We are proud of Coreform Cubit’s ability to handle the toughest meshing problems, and we want to make sure our users know how to access its most powerful capabilities to solve their toughest problems. If there’s anything you want to see covered in this tutorial webinar series, let us know.
The Coreform Cubit webinar series will run the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month (except the fourth Tuesday of December). Upcoming topics will include tet meshing, power tools, CFD, special topics for advanced users, and more.
We’re assembling a lineup of top Cubit experts to help you get the most out of your meshing. Upcoming instructors and topics are listed here.
Need a free trial to follow along?
Webinar Outline (tentative)
We are going to solve a single problem, 2 different ways
1. From the command-line, command panels, power tools 2. By using the ITEM Wizard
Introduction to the Cubit meshing method
- Overall workflow.
- Pave and sweep. (This is our main meshing methodology for hex meshing)
- Linking surfaces a. Examples
- Meshing assemblies. a. Using Power Tools
Example: Method 1
- Import the model
- Will it mesh? a. Meshing power tool b. Mesh vol all c. Problems: what can cause them? d. Geometry Repair Power Tool e. Now will it mesh?
- Decompose the volume into sweepable volumes a. Webcut Command Panel b. Imprint/merge the volumes c. Set mesh size d. Choose auto scheme
- Mesh a. Look at the Quality command panel b. Set up Material block c. Set up boundary conditions?
- Export the mesh to Exodus or Abaqus or Nastran
Example: Method 2 - ITEM Wizard
- Reset and reimport example
- Open up ITEM a. Setup - set an element budget or a preferred size i. Tet or hex meshing b. Geometry Prep i. Analyze ii. Decompose iii. Run all the way to the end
- Forget to imprint and merge
- Dirty geometry
- Other common mistakes